So, I made a good life, two years ago, when I camp decided to on some steaks. I own a large freezer and I had plenty of room in there. The cuts I like (shoulder, Porterhouse, rib-eye steak, and so on) would go every two weeks in my local supermarket in the sale, and if I would find a sale of cuts, which I like, I would to anything you buy. Would some days they have so much supply, that I end up with a shopping cart of high with meat stacked. Yes, I have a lot of funny looks.I thought, I was damn smart. It was hedge diet. I was now, buy quality meat for a very reasonable price, so I it a year or longer later enjoy could, if the costs at some point, would be almost certainly higher.
My plan, but was on me. These days, I eat only rarely red meat. I lost it slowly, and for some strange reason my desire. I still like chicken, Turkey, fish and pork, but the delicious love story that I had with red meat, a food item I thought I would never tired, is no longer.
So, now I find myself trying to limit the waste and financial loss as best I can. I gave away some last summer to friends and neighbors who like to grill. I sold some to a close friend of me $0.50 on the dollar for a series of frozen packages numbers (they like to their German Shepherd only the best feed.) agreed in the other I'm not sure what to do is. I will soon be moved to, and the meat will not likely survive the relocation.
Anyone need some old, but still very pink meat? Labels: Food, frugality, security, hoarding, meat, steak
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten