zondag 17 april 2011

Tax time Eye Opener ...

My husband and I contribute to several charitable organizations throughout the year. Last year, one of them asked us if they could email us monthly messages requesting our promised donation rather than e-papperskopia. They expect such a change would save an enormous amount of money on the costs and I agreed with their new conditions.

I get a lot of email every day. Not that I am popular or important, but because I get junk mail. Every few years I change e-mail addresses but without fail, junk still applies. Because of this are my settings for spam strict. In a nutshell via box spam and capture a non-junk bit or two but it is not a fool proof method.

In my tax receipt that prints from the non-profit organization and realized I had missed three months of payments. Just random months wasn't going missing. When I checked my spam mailbox for one of the few months that was bold reminder e-mail still unread. Apparently a few months it through, while others do not.

I made no payments and set a reminder in my calendar but I can't help but wonder if I'm not the only one whose charitable giving was dropped on the new e-mail system. These three missed payments would have covered nearly two decades in the postage to send a paper copy to me. Fortunately, I fixed it and 2011 will be a more accurate year of payments from me but have someone else experiencing the same problem? Or is it just me, once again shows that I might be the smallest technical savvy person on the planet?

Posted by BEK's 4 March 2011 at 5: 00 AM taxes | 7 comments»
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is not allowed.

Original debt: $ 38, 495.86Added debt: $ 1, 781.50Total debt: $ 40, 277.36Paid: $ 31, 928.65Remaining: $ 8, 348.71Cash savings: $ 2,700.00distributed onAuto Loan 1: $ 0.00credit Card: $ 0.00 Student loans: $ 8, 348.71Auto loan 2: $ 0.00vet loans: $ 0.00

View the original article here

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten