zondag 10 april 2011

Technology Panic …

A few months ago, in a visit to my bank teller encouraged me to sign up for text alerts for low balances on the account (you know you live your life close to zero when the teller proposes this option). I have not sent a cheque or incurred a fee for overdraft in years but I thought it a good idea just in case – although my ineptitude deals with technology.

I forgot completely about this service… until this morning.

I received a text to read, "your account balance is $ 2.14" and gave instructions on how to transfer funds directly from your phone from my savings account. Sometimes I pay bills a bit too far in advance and the clear my account before the pay cheque they are intended to be paid by transferring $ 100 I per instructions and put my phone back in my wallet with a smug smile because I had captured technology.

60 seconds later, I received another text that reads, "your account balance is $ 8.14" and repeated the same instructions.

"What happened to the $ 100?!?" I shouted at my phone in a complete panic. If someone had stolen my identity and my debit card, I found the clear out my bank account. "ahhhh!" I cried.

I tried to log into my bank account from my work computer, but the Bank would not let me without a special code because I log in from a computer other than my home computer. I tried to get my specific code but it was connected to an e-mail account in closed a month ago.

I called my husband, ' help! Someone had stolen all the money from bank account! " I wept as I explained what happened.

He quietly logged in from computer and explained that no one steal, only two controls for the tool to clean up back to back. It was close, but we had enough of the account to cover it.

' Oh ' I replied.

The technique is rather lame, stressful, great?

If your bank has this free service, try it. It can help save the bounced check.

Posted by BEK's on 21 March 2010 at 5: 00 AM in life experiences | 5 comments»
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is not allowed.

Original debt: $ 38, 495.86Added debt: $ 1, 781.50Total debt: $ 40, 277.36Paid: $ 31, 928.65Remaining: $ 8, 348.71Cash savings: $ 2,700.00distributed onAuto Loan 1: $ 0.00credit Card: $ 0.00 Student loans: $ 8, 348.71Auto loan 2: $ 0.00vet loans: $ 0.00

View the original article here

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten